Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Career Change

Last week I went in to work to give my resignation, yesterday I cleaned out my office and said my goodbyes, and today is my official last day with the company...

I'm so excited and lucky to be staying home with my beautiful girls everyday. I don't want to miss a moment. But after 6 years at Nick - to the day oddly enough - I am feeling very emotional about leaving. It's been such an amazing journey with that job. I got to do and see awesome things. I lived my dream while I was there and made some life long friendships. I feel so conflicted to be feeling both sad about closing the Nickelodeon chapter on my life and thrilled to be a new stay at home mom.

I like something my mom said to me about it - "I do not cry because it's over, I smile because it happened." And that's so true. I will always look back with fond memories and someday I can tell my girls all about it...

Here is a picture of my badge. They took this photo on my very first day! I was SO nervous!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Ashley, I TOTALLY know how you feel. It is hard when your work has been your life for so many years to walk away. I can tell you 2 years into my stay-at-home mom career (except a few hours a week, I guess) I wouldn't make any changes. Even on the days it would be easier to go to work! ;)

Juliann said...

YAY for you!!! I loved this post, b/c I was "supposed" to go back to work on April 12th...but I didn't. Such a hard decision, yet such an easy decision at the same time. Weird. When I wrote my official email, I sat there for a whole 10 minutes, too afraid to click the send button b/c then it would be final. So now that we are real, full-fledged stay-at-home-mommies, I MUST come see you!!!!

Juliann said...

P.S....the girls are adorable in their Easter outfits!!!!

Sharee said...

Congrats. How exciting for you to be able to stay home. Your girls will appreciate your sacrfice and love having you all to themselves. I know it must be hard. You worked hard and did amazing things at your job and you will be greatly missed. Your shows just wont be the same without you. I love your moms advice too. Hang in there it will be worth it.