Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shawn's 31st and...IT'S GIRLS!

Shawn's 31st b-day was on July 15th. We celebrated with dinner with some friends, Shawn's favorite all organic carrot cake, and opening night at the new Harry Potter movie! It was a fun night!

The day before his birthday, we had our big ultrasound to find out the gender of the twins. And just as I had suspected all along, we are having 2 GIRLS! The twins are fraternal, so there was a chance they could be a boy and a girl, which was Shawn's guess - I think he looked pretty shocked and overwhelmed when the doctor said the official news.
Even though we were both excited with the news, Shawn didn't have too much to say about it at first. When I finally probed him for more he said "I'm just thinking of all the boys coming to our house and all the stress of them dating!

It's so cute how he got so far ahead - he is already a very protective daddy. I'm sure he is a little worried about there being 3 girls in the house who need a lot of attention from him. But I think he is pretty lucky that he will also get 2 more girls in the house who love and adore him as much as I do! Anyone who knows Shawn knows how amazing he is, and us 3 girls are SO lucky to have him as a husband and a daddy - We love you Shawn!



No comments: